We’re sharing a special treat today: Lizzie’s Sugar Cookies! Lizzie is one of our lead partners here at Oceanstone, and her cookies are the absolute best. Now we finally have the recipe all to ourselves…so naturally we thought we’d share them.
There’s something so nostalgic about a good sugar cookie. It makes you feel like a little kid again. There’s no better time of year for such a treat than around the holidays. A great addition to any holiday spread, or as an addition to homemade gifts.
• 1 1/2 cups butter
• 2 cups sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 5 cups flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp salt
• Cream butter and sugar until smooth
• Beat in eggs and vanilla
• In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt together.
• Stir dry and wet ingredients together.
• Cover and chill In fridge for an hour
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Roll out dough to 1/4″ – 1/2″ thickness.
• Cut sugar cookies into festive shapes, and then bake 6-8 minutes.
• Decorate with icing and sprinkles, and enjoy!