If you want to be a master chef, then you have to master the art of the side dish. Nothing exemplifies this better than the Vegetable Hodge Podge: the side-dish king.
Baking vegetables is such a simple and delicious thing. We often take our baked veggies for granted. Not anymore! Though still simple, you won’t forget how to bake this delicious side-dish ever again. Long live the Hodge-Podge!
Vegetable Hodge Podge
Your side-dish will need
6 Carrots, peeled, cut in half and sliced on a bias
3 Red Peppers, large dice
½ lb Baby Red Potatoes, sliced
1 head Broccoli
1 head Cauliflower
½ Cup Butter
1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
Salt + Pepper
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite size florets.
- In boiling salted water, blanche carrots, broccoli and cauliflower in separate batches until al
dente. (approx. 1min 30 sec each) Place in ice water to cool.
- In a separate pan, combine butter and garlic and over medium-low heat cook until butter is
- Coat vegetables in garlic butter, season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes when ready to serve.